Title: Managing Director- Client Services
Managing Director- Client Services
As a Managing Director of Client Services, you will be the lead technical resource and main contact for clients and sales teams. Your team will include members (reviewers and project coordinators) whose experience ranges from entry-level to 10+ years of experience. You will oversee the management of both in-house, full and part-time personnel, as well as per-project contracted individuals. Your team prepares Property Condition Assessments (PCAs), Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), and Seismic Risk Assessments (SRAs), for a variety of clients including, lenders, real estate investment trusts (REITs), equity investors, and direct buyers/sellers.
The Managing Director of Client Services oversees the entire project cycle, from engagement to deliverable, and ensures that compliance with applicable standards, technical quality of reports, and client scope of work are met or exceeded. This position requires effective communication skills, both written and verbal. The success of this position is dependent on the ability of the Managing Director to articulate highly technical concepts and recommendations to a largely non-technical audience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide bids for services to clients and sales teams as needed. Ensure engagement letters are properly prepared and projects are properly entered into the BBG project tracking system;
- Effectively communicate project expectations (i.e. Client-specific SOW, templates) to team members (Project Managers and contract assessors) in a timely and clear fashion throughout the course of the project. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members as needed. Oversee all site visit setups and client/site contact communications;
- Provide reasonable recommendations and solutions to clients, while understanding the deliverable’s potential impact on the transaction process;
- Identify and resolve issues with team members and clients;
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to the client and sales teams;
- Perform a final “last look”, to ensure quality and client readiness of all portions of reports, including text and appendices;
- Manage client follow-up, questions, and concerns;
- Provide feedback on reports to Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, and contract assessors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science, Biological Science, or related field.
- 10+ years of commercial real estate due diligence experience, preferably in varying roles including field assessor and reviewer;
- General understanding of building systems including site work, structural systems, building envelope, and MEP;
- General understanding of industry-standard environmental concerns, including dry cleaners, vapor concerns, and sites with known or potential releases;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to?simultaneously manage deliverables for several ongoing assignments;
- Ability to multitask priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage individual team members and contractors;
- Ability to manage the completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Passion for being detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook, and online platforms including Quire and Quickbase.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
BBG is the leading, independent valuation and environmental and property condition assessment services firm in the United States. BBG has more than 45+offices across the US and provides commercial valuation and assessment services with a deep understanding of real-estate finance, from acquisition to disposition. BBG provides equal employment opportunities. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. BBG is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.